How to Block a friend On WhatsApp – WhatsApp instant messaging app lets you chat, send files, make calls and keep in touch with friends who are on WhatsApp. It takes someone to have your phone number which you use for WhatsApp for them to find you on WhatsApp, except you have privacy settings put up in place.
Otherwise, for any reason you do not want anyone to reach you on whatsApp, you can simply follow this guide to have them blocked. How to block someone on WhatsApp is very easy and simple.
How to Block Someone On WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp. Tap the WhatsApp app icon, which resembles a white phone and speech bubble outline on a green background. This will open WhatsApp to the last page you had open if you’re signed into your account.
- If you aren’t signed into WhatsApp, tap AGREE AND CONTINUE and then follow the on-screen prompts to verify your WhatsApp number.
2. Tap ⋮. It’s in the top-right corner of the WhatsApp main screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- If WhatsApp loads to a conversation when you open it, first tap your Android’s “Back” button before tapping the ⋮ icon.
3. Tap Settings. This option is in the drop-down menu.
4. Tap Account: It’s near the top of the Settings page.
5. Tap Privacy. You’ll find this at the top of the Account page.
6. Tap Blocked contacts: It’s near the bottom of the Privacy page, just under the “Messaging” heading. Doing so opens your block list.
7. Tap the “Add” icon. This person-shaped icon with a plus sign next to it is in the top-right corner of the screen. Your Android’s WhatsApp contacts list will open.
8. Select a contact. Tap the contact whom you want to block. Doing so immediately adds the person to your block list.
9. Unblock the contact if necessary. If you ever want to unblock the contact, do the following:
- Long-press the contact’s name on the “Blocked contacts” page.
- Tap Unblock name when prompted.
Blocking a Contact From a Chat
10. Block a contact from a chat. If you want to block someone who isn’t in your contacts, you can block them from within their chat settings:
* Tap the chat with the person whom you want to block.
* Tap the contact’s name or number at the top of the chat page.
* Scroll down and tap Block at the bottom of the page.
* Tap BLOCK when prompted.