Does Facebook dating work? Well, This is how Facebook Dating Works. Facebook has introduced a new online dating platform that is free to download for all users, it is called Facebook Dating App. It is an app created by the social media giant as a Facebook in-app feature that allows users who are interested in online dating to opt-in and create a profile.
The safety and privacy of the users were made a top priority in the development of this online dating platform and as such activities engaged in the Facebook Dating app are absolutely secured and are only exclusive to their dating profile on the app.
Access to the Facebook Dating App can only be granted via the updated or latest version of Facebook and to this end, you must own an active Facebook account. It should be noted that your profile on the Facebook dating app is separate from your regular Facebook profile.
This is how Facebook Dating Works
Therefore, if you have an issue with prying eyes from Family members on your Facebook account or Facebook friends you need not worry about that because as earlier mentioned, all your activities on the Facebook Dating App are strictly kept separate from your Facebook account.
This feature of the Dating app helps you keep your online dating in check as you tend to know the circle of family members and friends who are aware of your dating life.
Facebook Dating Features
Facebook Dating app was created with the mindset of users forging a long-lasting relationship while experiencing a world of fun. It should also be noted that one major feature the social media giant made their priority in the creation of the Facebook dating app is the safety and security of the users. Some other features of Facebook dating are as follows;
- Messaging: Rather than the generic “hi”, you are actually required to pick a photo displayed by the user and ask a question related to it. The person’s profile is automatically invisible to you after sending a message and will be visible when the user replies to avoid bothering a user with excess texts
- Opt-in: the Facebook Dating app is an optional app. This means you are not automatically on the dating platform because you have a Facebook profile, rather you will have to opt-in to use the dating app
- Secret Crush: this is a feature in which users can add up to nine Facebook friends who they have an interest in and if the feeling is mutual, Facebook matches both parties.
Create My Facebook Dating Profile
A Facebook dating profile has been made easy to navigate. However, you are required to create a profile before you can get the experience. Compared to other online dating platforms, it is relatively easy to create a Facebook dating profile because Facebook suggests information you can easily add from your Facebook account, however, it can be edited or completely removed. Below are the steps to create a Facebook dating profile;
- Login to your Facebook account via the Facebook app
- You must be using the updated version of the Facebook app in order to gain access to the Facebook dating platform
- Go to the main menu of your Facebook profile to find the Facebook Dating app
- Click on it to create your Dating profile by appropriately filling in your personal details such as Religion, Occupation, Height, Degree, Location, etc in the necessary fields and enjoy the experience.
It should be noted that you only get to see Facebook Friends who opted in to use the dating app and likewise your dating profile is only visible to those opted into Facebook Dating.
Facebook uses information gathered from your Facebook account to suggest matches based on shared interests. Importantly, all users must be 18 years or older and it is absolutely free to create a profile. That is it for this article “This is how Facebook Dating Works”.